If you need to create a proposal to apply for funding, and the funding agency does not have its own template, you can use the CHÉOS template here.
- Need help understanding the basics of statistics? See here.
- The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) recently released a detailed report on methodology standards, beginning with formulating research questions through to data analyses. See the PCORI document here.
- Contact a Biostatistician
Preparing a Budget
- CHÉOS provides a detailed listing of possible set-up costs, procedures, and incidental costs. Don’t forget that funding can be subject to overhead (indirect) costs of up to 40% (pharmaceutical or device company-funded studies). UBC provides a table of rates for indirect costs. You must have a UBC Campus Wide Login (CWL) to access this table. Instructions for obtaining a CWL are located here.
- Providence Health Care (PHC) does not have a list of fees for common research procedures or tests associated with research projects (e.g. lab tests), but attached is a list of the departmental contacts, who may be able to help you with your budget.