Internal Executive Committee
The CHÉOS Executive Committee acts in an advisory board capacity to the Director, with respect to the full range of Centre activities, giving special attention to development and implementation of the Centre’s strategic initiatives; facilitation and communication of a supportive environment for recognition of research, academic, and administrative excellence within the Centre; and other relevant duties.
External Advisory Committee
CHÉOS established an External Advisory Committee (EAC) in early 2012, which operates as a consultation group, providing strategic advice to the Centre’s Director. The EAC assists in ensuring the Centre’s success as a resource to the health research community, as well as supporting and promoting the research of Centre investigators. Membership consists of representatives from industry, government, and funding agencies, along with senior research leaders from within Providence Health Care and the University of British Columbia (UBC).
- Dr. Aslam Anis, Director, CHÉOS
- Ms. Ellen Chesney, Chief Administrative Officer, Research, PHSA
- Dr. Michael Coughtrie, Dean, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UBC
- Ms. Wendy Hurlburt, President and CEO, LifeSciencesBC
- Dr. Bev Holmes, President and CEO, MSFHR
- Dr. Darryl Knight, President, PHCRI; VP, Research and Academic Affairs, PHC
- Dr. Robert McMaster, Executive Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Medicine, UBC; VP Research, VCH
- Ms. Victoria Schuckel, Acting Executive Director, Research, Knowledge Translation and Library Services, BC Ministry of Health
- Mr. Dick Vollet, President and CEO, St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation
- Dr. Tania Bubela, Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, SFU
- Dr. Gail Murphy, Vice President, Research and Innovation, UBC