REB West 2022
- This event has passed.
June 16, 2022 @ 9:30 am - June 17, 2022 @ 1:30 pm
The REB West 2022 conference, held virtually over one and a half days, is an opportunity for research ethics boards from all over BC and other provinces to learn from researchers about their studies as well as experiences specific to their research ethics journey.
Lineup of speakers for this event:
Session 1: Indigenous Research Ethics:
- Dr. Michelle Pidgeon: Director, Centre for the Study of Educational Leadership & Policy • Simon Fraser University
- Tara Erb, Network Coordinator at BC Network Environment for Indigenous Health Research (BC NEIHR)
- Dr. Donna Kurtz, Associate Professor, School of Nursing • University of British Columbia
Moderator: Asma-na-hi Antoine, Director, Indigenous Engagement, Royal Roads University
Session 2: Asking the Right Questions: Community Respect and Safety:
- Dr. Nathan Lachowsky, Associate Professor, School of Public Health, and Social Policy • University of Victoria
- Dr. Elizabeth Saewyc, Professor & Distinguished University Scholar, Director, School of Nursing • University of British Columbia
- Dr. Caroline Sanders, Associate Professor and Coordinator of Graduate Programs, School of Nursing • University of Northern British Columbia
- Dr. Katrina Plamondon, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Health and Social Development, School Of Nursing • UBC Okanagan
- Dr. Dzifa Dordunoo, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing • University of Victoria
Moderator: Dr. Malcolm Steinberg, Director of Public Health Programs, Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University
Session 3: National Harmonization: Where Are We Now?
- Hanan Abdel-Adkher, Senior Policy Analyst, Secretariat on Responsible Conduct of Research • Government of Canada
- Stacey Beck, Senior Consultant, Systems Development, Office of Research Services • University of Calgary
- Susan Babcock, Director, Research Ethics Office, Office of the Vice-President Research and Innovation, Integrity Support • University of Alberta
- Susan Marlin, Principal Investigator, CHEER Project and President & CEO • Clinical Trials Ontario
- Terri Fleming, Unit Director, Research Ethics BC • Health Research BC
Moderator: Laurel Evans, Director of Research Ethics at The University of British Columbia
With more speakers to be announced!