Featuring Drs. Karin Humphries and Nadia Khan
More women in Canada die from heart disease and stroke than all forms of cancer put together. Preventing cardiovascular disease could save thousands of women’s lives and improve their quality of life.
Come together with other health care providers, managers, policy makers and researchers to discuss and advance a gendered approach to heart health promotion that considers the needs among and between populations of women.
The aims of the summit are to:
- Share knowledge about the prevalence of heart disease in BC women and the implications for primary and secondary prevention
- Share insights and experiences about a gendered approach to heart health promotion for women
- Identify opportunities for collaboration to improve heart health promotion for women in BC
- B.C. Women’s Hospital and Health Centre
- B.C. Centre of Excellence for Women’s Health
- B.C. Healthy Living Alliance
- B.C. Ministry of Health
- First Nations Health Authority
- Fraser Health Authority
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of B.C. and Yukon
- Providence Health Care Research Institute
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority